As you approach the finish line, we acknowledge you for your commitment to your growth and academic success!
Please note, to have your college degree awarded, you are required to submit an online Graduation Application. Also select whether you will join fellow graduates in Commencement (the graduation ceremony). We encourage all prospective graduates to participate in the celebration of your achievement and attend Commencement!
To create and submit your personal graduation application, please go to your
BANNER SELF-SERVICE account and follow the step-by-step instructions below.
• We strongly recommend that all prospective graduates have a degree audit. Please speak with your advisor as soon as possible and before March 1, 2020.
• Please note: an administrative fee of $225 will be charged to your account.
(The administrative fee is applied to degree conferral and Commencement; regardless of participation in Commencement.)
HOW TO APPLY AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE GRADUATION APPLICATION
STEP 1 GO TO https://banweb.concordia-ny.edu
STEP 2: LOG IN with your Username* and Pin**
• Your Username is your Student ID Number: C00xxxxxxx
• Your Pin, NOT the same as your network password
STEP 3: SELECT STUDENT TAB, then
STEP 4: SELECT STUDENT RECORDS, then
STEP 5: SELECT STUDENT APPLICATION TO GRADUATE, then
STEP 6: SELECT APPLICABLE TERM (202010 or 202011), THEN
STEP 7: SELECT AND OR TYPE THE REQUESTED INFORMATION AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.
After you submit the application, you can view it by selecting DISPLAY STATUS OF GRADUATION APPLICATION.
If you see anything on the application that does not appear to be correct such as the degree, OR if you have any questions, OR need assistance with the online Graduation Application, please contact the Registrar’s office at 914-337-9300 extension 2104.
Sun. March 1
File online Graduation Application
Fri. March 20th
Order Cap and Gown | Visit www.jostens.com to complete your order. No payment necessary to submit for regalia order.
Tues. May 12, 4-7PM
Attend the GRADUATION FAIR, in Schoenfeld Gym. Champagne Toast with President Nunes at 5:30pm.
• PICK UP YOUR CAP AND GOWN
• ENJOY A SNACK, VISIT VENDORS
• CHAMPAGNE TOAST WITH PRESIDENT NUNES AT 5:30PM
• AND MORE!
Process for Appeal to Participate in Commencement Ceremony
An undergraduate or graduate student who is within six (6) credits of completing their degree requirements may be granted an appeal to participate in Commencement exercises. (A traditional undergraduate student will also have completed the COM [ENG] sequence.)
A Letter of Appeal must be submitted to the attention of the Interim Provost, Dr. Bill Salva, before or by:
- February 15, 2020, for May 2020, Spring Commencement and,
- Online Graduation Application Deadline: March 1, 2020;
To appeal, a student must complete the steps outlined below and submit the Letter of Appeal along with the following materials on or before the appropriate deadline date listed above:
I. Complete an academic audit with the Office of the Registrar. It is strongly recommended your academic audit take place by or before:
- May 1, 2020 December 2020, Fall Commencement.
II. Meet with your academic advisor to review any issues that need to be addressed (short credits, missing completion of the COM/ENG sequence, low GPA, etc.).
III. Subsequent to the academic review (audit), make whatever schedule adjustments necessary to rectify outstanding graduation requirements.
IV. With the support of the advisor, prepare a Letter of Appeal
V. The Letter of Appeal requires the following eight (8) items:
1) Your student ID number.
2) Your email address.
3) An explanation of why you are short credits.
4) Your plan of action for completing outstanding credits/courses.
5) The timeline for completing all required credits and courses for degree completion.
6) Your signature.
7) Your advisor’s signature.
8) A copy of your unofficial transcript (accessible from Banner Self Service).
NOTE: If you have any questions regarding the appeal process, please work
with your academic advisor to complete the Letter of Appeal by the respective deadline date.
VI. Address your Letter to the Interim Provost along with all related documents and email it to Angela O’Conner at Angela.OConnor@concordia-ny.edu before and no later than the deadline listed above.