!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!
Due to public health concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19), our faculty and staff are working remotely at this time. Our Registrar office remains fully committed to assisting our students and our extended Concordia Community.
We are available to fulfill any registrar related requests via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including withdrawals, enrollment verification letters, and general registrar related questions.
- If you are a former student looking to place an order for a transcript, please do so via Parchment:(https://exchange.parchment.com/send/adds/index.php?main_page=login&s_id=GzYHp8lUUeslCyoL).
- If you are a current student, you can use your Banner Self-Service account.
We will be able to fulfill requests for E-transcripts and paper transcripts. Please note that if you were a student prior to 2001, your information is not currently in Banner and is limited to paper transcripts which will be processed when staff can return to the office. All other students are encouraged to request E-transcripts to ensure timely delivery at this time. Mail order and pick up requests will be delayed until staff can return to the office.
Any transcript sent to us should be sent via E-transcript to the Registrar email (email@example.com). If mailed transcripts are sent to us, it will be processed when the office reopens.
- Contact your advisor during this period to discuss your individualized graduation plans and 2020/2021 schedule options
- Log-in and review your degree plan : degreeplan.concordia-ny.edu
- If you receive student financial aid you must submit your 2020/2021 FAFSA by this date to be eligible for student aid
- New York State residents should also submit a New York State TAP application by this date
- You may begin registering online for the next academic year
- You must meet with your advisor prior to this date to discuss schedule options and receive your registration access code
- All holds must be clear to be eligible for registration